Proud to be an Artisan Member of the International Guild of Miniature Artisans, IGMA

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Miniature oil painting by Cookie Ziemba



This oil painting, after a Rembrandt, was from a class I took from Johannes Landman in 2007 at the IGMA Guild School in Castine, Maine. Jan, as he is called, is a master in oil painting and I was lucky enough to be in the lottery to get in his class. It was difficult, but nowhere as difficult as the watercolor on vellum shown below. I do hope to be able to get into his next class at the Guild because this is a technique I would like to do in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cookie, This is the most fascinating miniature site I have found to date. It is absolutely wonderful! Well done. I especially enjoyed your historical comments. Very helpful. Thank you for your generosity.
Kathryn and Gregory